Thursday, January 3, 2008

My Big Fat Fathead Meltdown

In case you haven't heard of a fathead, you can check them out here... http://www.fathead.com/ . They are basically oversized stickers of sports figures that you hang on your walls. They are things that all dads wish they had when they were kids. They are things that now adorn our baby's room walls. We have two fatheads in the baby's room. The picture below is of Priest Holmes. The first fathead we had of Priest landed in a crumpled mess after putting it up. We had to send it back to the company and get a replacement. Much to my dismay, when we put up the second Priest fathead, it peeled right off the wall too. I had a total and complete meltdown. (Have I mentioned I'm more emotional since becoming pregnant.) Matt was so patient as I raced around the house trying to make it stick with gum, glue, scotch tape, or anything else I could get my hands on. I tried to leave the house at midnight in my jammies to get something stronger to make it stick. Matt had a brilliant idea (which I still haven't given him enough credit for). He suggested we use painter's tape (which wouldn't harm the fathead or the wall) until we could figure out how to better make it stick. Unless you really look closely, you can hardly see the blue tape.




I guess it is a little obvious. I called the company and complained. They offered to ship another Priest which would probably peel right off the wall. I finally decided to get wallpaper glue and make this one work. Putting the baby's room together has been so much more eventful due to little mishaps like this. Thank heaven for patient husbands!