Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Under Construction (phase four)

I really wanted goal posts on opposite walls to somewhat resemble a mini football field. I got the idea in my head while in Vegas on vacation and I couldn't get it out! I hadn't ever painted anything like that before. I finished the goal posts but needed some help with the outlining. I was just too nervous to do it myself. I recruited my ever steady handed and mildly OCD friend Amy to help me out. She just doesn't rest until a project is perfect. She is amazingly patient and always so helpful. I'm not sure what I would do without her help!





A little bonus was the fact that she brought her son with her. He is 15 months old. He has amazing language skills. He is learning to say a few words. However, he can already sign things like, "help", "drink", "more", and "thank you" (among many other things). When he first went into the room he said nothing but "ballballballballballballballballballball" while pointing all around the room. It was too cute. It was just the reaction I was looking for! He was such a good boy while his mama worked.





TOUCHDOWN! The goal posts are completed and we are another step closer to being finished.