Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Here We Go Again!























Last year we had an ice storm that left us without power for 11 days. It was 11 very long, cold, stresful days. I remember how happy I felt to come home to our house after power was restored. Matt had every light in the house on and he was running the vacuum and the furnace full blast, with a smile on his face.



We had another winter storm come through our area this week. It looks just as bad outside. We have been very lucky. We haven't lost power (knocking furiously on everything). The roads seem to be worse this year though. It is also impossible to walk on. Matt has threatened me if he finds out I tried to leave the house. He fell flat on his back last night while taking the trash out just a few feet from the garage. So, here I am. Now, I'm not going to go as far as to say I'm bored. I know that I will be biting my tongue here in a few weeks and only WISH I could be bored. I will say, I am running out of things to do. My time has been consumed with the following:




  • obsessively worring if the power will go out



  • listening to cars crunch while they go down the road



  • obsessively worring if I will go into labor early and have trouble getting to the hospital



  • clearning all of the baby's clothes again because I can't keep track of what has been washed in Dreft and what hasn't



  • trying to teach Roscoe to balance various objects on his head



  • baking cookies with undercooked centers because I can't seem to cook anything right these days


  • downloading new tunes



  • dusting in very unusual places



  • wondering if my face can swell to the point of acquiring stretch marks (I think I'm almost there.)



  • trying to figure out what my toes resemble these days (vienna sausagues)



  • writing in baby books



  • reading about how badly you can mess up your baby's sleeping habits and getting my worry on about that



  • rocking in my new rocking chair and daydreaming



  • watch my belly be kicked around like a soccer ball



  • watch hours of Baby Story and Brining Baby Home and crying while my dog looks at me worried



  • wonder if you can sneak out without Matt finding out


I have one more guaranteed ice day off tomorrow. Everything in this house is in its place. All baby items are assembled. I wonder what exciting adventures await me for Wednesday?